Wednesday 24 February 2010

Evaluation

1. In what ways does your media product use (develop or challenge) forms or conventions of real media products?

Here I have a comparison between professional products and my own, using 'NME' as my example (overlay).






-The colour scheme of my magazine is very similar to that of NME's as they have used red, white and black as their main colours which I have also used. I felt that these colours were conventionl for an indie magazine and so chose to include them. Also, the colours for (for example, red) proved to be popular with my audience though my audience research.



-The masthead is also situated to the left of the front cover on my own magazine (as it also is in NME) I decided to do this as, for all magazines, the title is either centred or to the left, and the music magazine genre seemed to use the left more. For example, NME, Kerrang and Mojo.



-I have used a puff ( buzzword-'Plus: gig guide') as does NME as shown above.



-My main image goes against conventions of a music magazine as I have used the original image as the background (the brick wall) and I have not edited this in any way. Whereas the main image on the front cover for NME above has been placed onto a plain background (maybe using a lasso tool)





2. How does your media product represent particular social groups?











3. What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?



I think that IPC media would be a good distributor for my magazine as it publishes NME magazine, which is probabaly the closest magazine to mine. Therefore, they would have experience with my magazine genre and audiences' age etc.




4. Who would be the audience for my media product?








5. How did you attract/address your audience?









6. What have you learnt from technologies in the process of constructing this product?









Note: After considering my front cover design, I have decided to remove the image of the monkey and the guitar that was included in this video as I think it trivialises what is, in the main, a stylish front cover.






7. Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?





No comments:

Post a Comment